Director of Purchasing & Stewarding
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is seeking an experienced hands-on professional to oversee and lead its Purchasing & Stewarding department in NYC. Your work will set the standard of procurement and service for ICE’s entire NYC operation including its Career, Recreational Events and Special Events divisions.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about the world of food and wants a key role in the operations of an expansive and creative culinary organization.
A proven track record of leadership and operational success in a food related operation is required. We’re looking for someone who is actively immersed in the culinary world and has a constant eye on improving operations and the bottom line! The ideal candidate will be a leader who can collaborate across many divisions that require support from the Purchasing and Stewarding department. You must be self-motivated, organized, process-minded and business driven.
The Director of Purchasing and Stewarding is a key member of our team and reports directly to our President.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the Purchasing & Stewarding department including:
• Vendor selection, negotiation, competitive bidding, ordering, quality control and inventory management.
• Setting appropriate quality standards, reducing waste and maintaining cleanliness, organization and food safety at all times.
• Train, schedule and supervise staff and instill a commitment to student satisfaction and economy
- Financial accountability including:
• Oversight of the department’s monthly financial reporting and analysis.
• The ability to recognize and react to pricing trends.
• The ability to manage operations in a financially astute manner.
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years progressive hospitality management experience in a quality, high volume food service operation
- ServSafe Manager Certification
- Strong leadership, coaching and training skills – with the ability to motivate a team
- Proven track record of success and career progression
- Experience with purchasing procedures and technology
- Multi-unit management experience a plus
- Strong catering experience a plus
- P+L and financial reporting experience preferred
Forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com along with the following three items:
- Cover letter with your salary expectations
- A short statement that clearly demonstrates your experience, skill set and past results that would make you an ideal candidate to fill this role.
- Please do not apply directly through the job boards — mass resume submissions will not be considered.
- Only applicants that meet the position’s requirements and provide the above three items will be considered.
- Please do not submit your resume if you do not live in commutable distance to the NYC area.
- We appreciate the interest, but phone or walk-in applications will not be accepted.
- Thank you, but no agency or recruiter solicitations please.