Hospitality Management Instructor
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates to teach part-time courses for the Hospitality & Hotel Management program. Applications will be accepted on a continual basis. Our ideal instructor will have 5 + years of experience in a Hotel, and can devote 3-to-5 days or nights per week to our students. This position reports directly to ICE's Dean of Restaurant & Hospitality Management.
The Hospitality program has an 8-to-12 month curriculum of 438 hours of classroom education in small, attentive groups and puts theory into practice with 200 hours of externship. ICE’s unique educational approach consists of: lecture, hands-on instruction, practical field work and project-based learning. The Hospitality & Hotel Management program at ICE enables students to see the hospitality industry through the eyes of New York City’s vibrant travel and tourism trade. From marketing and hotel management, to budgeting for food costs, to event planning, students get an inside look at the functions and structure of the hospitality enterprise.
- Responsible for instruction in the Hospitality & Hotel Management program including but not limited to the following courses or curriculum area: Introduction to Hospitality, Rooms Division, Human Resource Management, Hospitality Math and Finance, Front-and Back-of-House Operations, Food and Beverage Management, Sales and Marketing, Food Production and Kitchen Management, Hotel Property Management and Event and Conference Planning. You need not have experience in every discipline to apply.
- Develop and plan appropriate instructional strategies and alternative delivery strategies when appropriate including but not limited to face-to-face, and online and hybrid course delivery.
- Participate in staff development training or other activities or programs requested by the Department.
- Assist and advise students who have problems with assignments, tests, grades, course content, career concerns and other academic matters.
- Comply with college policies and directions regarding student testing, record keeping, providing grades on a timely basis, evaluating student performance and maintaining availability for student assistance and counseling, etc.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the ICE’s mission, vision and values.
- Analyze, report on and optimize against KPIs across our performance marketing channels. This includes weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI and reporting for internal stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or Business related field preferred
- A minimum of 3 years experience in hospitality management teaching (experience highly preferred, not required).
- Industry certification preferred.
- We have positions open in all of the 10 courses we teach. Strong need for those with Opera experience.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of current educational methods and strategies, including learner-centered instruction, assessment, evaluation and collaborative techniques and strategies that address closing the gap in student access and achievement across race, gender and disability.
- Skilled in the use of educational technology and alternative delivery methods.
- Knowledge and ability to infuse multicultural perspectives into course content and delivery.
- Skilled in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds, as well as individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to interact with business and industry to establish partnerships.
Forward resume and cover letter with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and the largest culinary institute in New York City and Los Angeles. In 2015, ICE built and moved to a new flagship 75,000 sq. ft. location in lower Manhattan, NY. In 2019, USA Today ranked ICE the “#1 culinary school in America”. The foundation of ICE is its five Diploma Programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, Hotel & Hospitality Management and Health-Supportive Culinary Arts. ICE’s programs are intensive, sophisticated and, as a diploma, can be completed in 8-12 months. In addition to career programs, ICE NYC offers a vast menu of recreational courses for the public, and a highly developed special events / cooking party division. In the spring of 2018, ICE opened a branch campus in Pasadena, CA. In the fall of 2018, ICE licensed the assets of the former Natural Gourmet Institute. In the summer of 2020, ICE licensed the assets of the former French Culinary Institute. For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.