Social Media Associate
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is looking for a part-time Social Media Associate to help implement its social media strategy. Working with the Content Manager, you'll be responsible for creating and distributing diverse content across platforms and driving the social conversation for the award-winning, independently owned culinary school — one that is a pillar of the New York City and Los Angeles food communities.
If you enjoy immersing yourself in all facets of the culinary world (people, places, ingredients, photography, and the business of food and hospitality) as much as you enjoy staying abreast of social trends and landscape changes, this is the role for you. We’re looking for someone who knows how to engage audiences and has an eye for capturing compelling creative content with photography and videography.
The Social Media Associate reports to the Content Director and is a key member of the marketing team. We support and reward creativity, performance, professional development and team involvement. We also have fun — and eat well — in the process!
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Work alongside the Social Media Manager to help strategize distributing ICE content, raise awareness of school programs and events, and drive community engagement.
- Create and post content (including live) across social platforms according to the cadence outlined in the social calendar.
- Celebrate food, school programs, events, faculty, students, alumni and industry partners through thumb-stopping video, photography and a tone of voice that aligns with the brand and the platform.
- Keep abreast of the latest food, hospitality and social media trends to maximize ICE’s impact on the social landscape and continue its rapid growth.
- Nurture our community of followers by encouraging dialogue and answering questions, in a timely manner and in the voice of the brand. Also track comments to identify trends that may help shape the social strategy, and larger marketing strategy.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Degree in a related field or a degree and a demonstrated success in the field.
- 2+ years of experience or relevant, digital marketing experience across social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Hands-on knowledge of organic social media and reporting. Knowledge and experience with paid social (advertising) is a strong plus.
- Experience using social media management and analytical tools (Sprinkler, Hootsuite or the like) for listening, scheduling, engaging and reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, creatively and clearly, and customize your posts and tone to each social platform.
- Organized and self-motivated, with strong organizational and time-management skills; excited to work in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
- Solution-oriented, natural problem solver that can manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and have a sharp attention to detail.
- A keen eye for copy and design.
- Photography, videography, Lightroom and/or Photoshop editing skills a strong plus.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org the following three items with the subject: Social Media Associate.
- Cover letter with your salary expectations
- Portfolio that clearly demonstrates your experience, skillset and tangible results with a brand’s voice and original creative
Please do not apply directly through the job boards, we’d like you to apply directly.
Only applicants that meet the position’s requirements and provide the three above items will be considered.
Please do not submit your resume if you do not live in commutable distance to the LA area.
During onboarding, this position is full-time in the office. After six months, hybrid WFH options are available.
Thank you, but no agency solicitations please.
About the Institute of Culinary Education
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine program. Our alumni run top kitchens around the globe, winning awards and transforming the future of culinary innovation. Ninety-two percent report that their ICE education has proved somewhat or very important to their careers.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.