With more than a decade of industry experience, Chef Dustin Chen most recently served as the executive sous chef and instructor at the Los Angeles LGBT Center. He has worked in a variety of concepts from café to fine dining at the notable downtown LA hotspot Perch in addition to teaching culinary arts at the New School of Cooking. Chef Dustin also has a keen interest in wine, passing the difficult introductory level examination for the Court of Master Sommeliers.
Chef Dustin joined the faculty at the Institute of Culinary Education in 2021.
- Executive Sous Chef and Instructor, Los Angeles LGBT Center, 2020-present
- Chef Liaison and Consultant, Genghis Cohen, 2019
- Culinary Instructor, New School of Cooking, 2017-2020
- Sous Chef and Instructor, Amity Foundation, 2016-2017
- Head Chef, Lohas Fresh Mart, 2015-2016
- Chef Consultant, Energy Bistro & Karaoke, 2014-2015
- Research and Development Chef, KCL Holding Group, 2014-2015
- Executive Chef, PIRCH, 2013-2014
- Sous Chef, Vertical Wine Bistro, 2013
- Line Cook, Hot Stuff Café, 2010-2013
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts – Pasadena, 2010
- Introductory Sommelier Certificate, Court of Master Sommelier
- ServSafe, National Restaurant Association