Create Warm Spiced Mulled Cider with a Vitamix
Traditional apple cider gets a kick of warm winter flavor with some Winter Spice Seasoning. Transform this warming beverage into a cocktail by adding 1 cup (240 ml) of dark rum, bourbon whiskey, or favorite flavored vodka.
Spiced Mulled Cider
Yields 6 cups (1.3 L) / Total Time: 15 minutes / Difficulty: Easy
For the winter spice seasoning:
*Make in advance and keep on reserve this versatile spice blend to have you feeling the warmth of the holidays in every dish.
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 Tablespoons crystallized ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 Tablespoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 1½ teaspoon whole cloves
- ½ cup (50 g) dried orange peel
- ½ cup (110 g) brown sugar, packed
For the cider:
- 2 (400 g) seasonal apples (red varietals work the best) quartered, seeds removed
- 4 cups (960 ml) apple cider
- ½ cup (75 g) dried dates, pitted
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to push ingredients into the blades, if needed.
Mixed peppercorns can be substituted if unable to find pink peppercorns.
1 Tablespoon Winter Spice Seasoning*
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds; or select the Hot Soup program and allow the machine to complete its programmed cycle.
This recipe was originally published by the International Culinary Center (ICC), founded as The French Culinary Institute (FCI). In 2020, ICE and ICC came together on one strong and dynamic national platform at ICE's campuses in New York City and Los Angeles. Explore your culinary education where the legacy lives on.