ICE President & CEO Rick Smilow Compels Community to Order In
We're ordering delivery for every three home-cooked meals to support our network of culinary professionals.
Watch a message from our president and CEO on ICE's commitment to supporting the restaurant industry, and browse a list of restaurants led by or employing ICE alumni near our New York City and Los Angeles campuses with delivery or gift cards available.
Alumni restaurants and placement sites in Los Angeles:
- American Beauty, which launched as a burger joint with window-service, has shifted 100% of operations to the Win-Dow and extended its hours. Items are available online for pick up or delivery via DoorDash, Postmates or Uber Eats.
- The Arbour is offering dinner service via Postmates with curbside pick-up.
- Audrey at the Hammer, helmed by ICE alum Lisa Giffen (Culinary, '07), has begun delivery via Postmates. In addition to an abbreviated lunch and dinner menu, the restaurant is offering Audrey Provisions featuring soups, stews and bulk items in an effort to support local farmers and vendors.
- Chef Ray Garcia’s Broken Spanish is offering a limited menu of his modern tamales along with pints of salsa and mole to-go. Check the restaurant's Instagram stories @brokenspanishla for daily details.
- Destroyer is open an hour earlier than normal with pick-up or delivery via Caviar, Destroyer Delivery and Postmates.
- Felix Trattoria, helmed by pasta genius Evan Funke, launched all-day takeaway with meatballs, focaccia, sugo and ragu by the pint and quart as well as pasta kits for home cooking — pairs perfectly with “Funke,” Chef Evan’s documentary on Hulu.
- In Highland Park, Hippo has shifted to delivery via Caviar or pick-up via phone: (323) 545-3536.
- Joey Restaurants continue to offer curbside pick-up or delivery via DoorDash.
- Jon & Vinny’s Fairfax and Brentwood locations are offering breakfast, lunch and dinner, including wines from the brand's boutique, Helen’s, for delivery or pick-up. Sauces and fusilli are available by email if you opt for DIY.
- Kitchen Mouse vegetarian café is offering delivery via Caviar and gift cards for future use.
- M.B. Post continues to offer Chef David LeFevre’s seasonally driven menu via DoorDash, through which patrons can opt for a “no-contact” delivery.
- Milk Bar Los Angeles has converted to offering Christina Tosi’s compost cookies, crack pie and whimsical cakes in a grab-and-go format, via delivery or shipped. The brand's Instagram story updates remind us that Uber Eats is delivering for free.
- Nancy Silverton’s Mozzaplex restaurants are offering takeout and delivery via Mozza2Go online or by calling (323) 297-0100.
- Night + Market Sahm is offering delivery with menu items like sprouting cauliflower with wild ginger and rice cakes, previously unavailable, via Caviar.
- “Top Chef” winner Mei Lin’s Nightshade has converted to takeout only, featuring a limited menu through Saturday, March 21. Place orders by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (213) 626-8888.
- Pizzana’s neo-Neapolitan pizzas are available for delivery via ChowNow.
- Republique launched takeout with pastries and greatest hits from the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Orders are available via phone, (310) 362-6115, with a $50 minimum for delivery. GrubHub and Postmates are coming soon.
- Rustic Canyon Restaurant Group (Rustic Canyon, Cassia, Tallula’s, Birdie G’s, Huckleberry Bakery & Café, Ester’s, Milo) co-owned ICE alum Zoe Nathan (Culinary, ’01) is offering family-sized meals, provisions, wine, beer and more via takeout through March 31.
- Our 2019, ICE commencement speaker, Chef Wolfgang Puck, is offering a family meal for $49 per person with a choice of appetizer, entrée and desserts, including a warm triple berry crisp, from Spago in Beverly Hills. Bake-at-home items like chocolate chip cookie dough and containers of gelato and sorbet are also available for pick-up curbside.
- For students at our Los Angeles campus, Pasadena-based Tacocita is offering packages to feed four, six or 10 people via pickup or delivery from DoorDash, Grubhub or Postmates.
Alumni restaurants in New York City:
- Chef-Owner Guy Vaknin (Culinary, ’07) is offering Beyond Sushi delivery for free with no minimums to most of Manhattan (100th St. to East Houston St.) from the eatery's Upper East Side location.
- Chef-Owner Jimmy Tu (Culinary, '97) is offering Bunker delivery from both locations via Caviar, Grubhub and Seamless.
- Ivy Stark (Culinary '95) is the consulting executive chef of Casa Bocado, which is offering free delivery for its Latin American fare on Caviar.
- At Concord Hill in Brooklyn, chef-owner Guy Kairi (Culinary, '12) released a new pickup and delivery menu on Wednesday with crowd favorites, new dishes, wine, beer and cocktails via Seamless.
- Dana Pollack (Pastry, '11) ships Dana's Bakery macarons nationwide, though local delivery has been suspended.
- Emily Pizza, from Matt Hyland (Culinary, ’05), is delivering in Clinton Hill and the West Village until 9 p.m. via Caviar.
- At The Good Fork in Red Hook, owner Sohui Kim (Culinary/Management, ‘02) is preparing a rotating menu of family dinners (complete with an antiseptic shot of Van Brunt Stillhouse bourbon) via online order for pickup. She's also offering frozen dumplings and quarts of kimchi.
- Dani Beckerman's (Pastry '14)Jars by Dani ship desserts in mason jars nationwide with next-day shipping in the Northeast.
- Co-owner Connie McDonald's (Culinary '93)Levain Bakery offers delivery via Caviar, pickup and nationwide shipping.
- José Andrés' Mercado Little Spain has converted Spanish Diner into a community kitchen with a changing takeout menu, featuring items like flan and cheesecake from Executive Pastry Chef Thea Habjanic (Pastry, '10).
- At Society Cafe in the Walker Hotel, Executive Chef Manuel González (Culinary, ‘11) is offering breakfast, lunch and dinner on Uber Eats.
- At Uncle Boons in Nolita, co-owner Ann Redding (Culinary, ‘02) is offering delivery via Caviar. Order from Uncle Boons Sister on Seamless.
Be sure to check restaurants' social media and websites for updates at the fluid situation evolves. We encourage our community to support the industry by purchasing gift cards as well.
SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT - by ordering takeout and if you can, by buying Gift Certificates. I purchased 7 yesterday from restaurant friends of the school and ICE alum who own independent restaurants. I look forward to dining at Flora Bar, Bunker Vietnamese, Villanelle, Prune, Cherry Point, Root & Bone and Uncle Boons 👍 HOPE this inspires you! @iceculinary #restaurants #culinaryarts #nyc #nycrestaurants @uncleboons @prunerestaurant #florabar @florabarnyc @cherrypointnyc @rootnbonenyc @bunker.nyc @villanellenyc @ashmerriman @ignaciomattos #giftcertificate #nycnightlife #chefslife #chefsroll #greatchefs @cjbivona @cwgrindrod @ccatherinemanning
Start your journey to joining the ICE community.