Chef Herve has more than 20 years of experience with classic French fine dining. He gained experience as a cook, sous chef and chef at Michelin-starred restaurants in France and moved to New York in 1998 to be the chef de cuisine at La Goulue. He became an executive chef at Orsay Restaurant before transitioning to education in 2006.
Chef Herve directed catering and special events at the International Culinary Center (ICC) as well as directing culinary arts and technology. He trains students for international competitions, develops sous vide recipes and curriculum and excels at plating technique.
Chef Herve began instructing Culinary Arts at the Institute of Culinary Education in 2021, where he will continue researching and developing. He's a member of the Maitres Cuisiners de France (MCF) and has sommelier training.
- CAP Culinary Art, Lycee Hotelerie DeBelgarde, France, 1985
- Fundamentals of Sous Vide, CREA Cuisine Solution, 2017
- Grand Diplomat of Intensive Sommelier Viniculture, Viticulture, Wine Service and Tasting, ICC, 2020
- Director of Culinary Arts and Technology, ICC, 2006-2020
- Director of Catering and Special Events, ICC, 2006-2020
- Chef de Cuisine and Executive Chef, Orsay Restaurant, 2001-2005
- Chef de Cuisine, Le Goulue, 1998-2001
- Cook, Chef de Partis, Sous Chef, Chef, Michelin-starred French restaurants, 1986-1998