Chef Christopher Arturo graduated from the International Culinary Center's (ICC) classic culinary arts program in 2009 and returned in 2019 as a senior chef-instructor for career students, specializing in classic French cuisine. He was also the recreational department director, where he managed and oversaw execution of all single-day classes open to the public, from modern pasta to vegan cuisine to food styling.
Prior to his role at ICC, Chef Chris held various positions in restaurant kitchens, from chef de cuisine at Saddle River Inn to executive chef at Upstairs Restaurant. He's cooked at the James Beard House five times.
Through his extensive experience in the industry, Chef Chris has become highly skilled in butchery, charcuterie, food costing, portion control, catering, menu development and rebranding. He began teaching Culinary Arts at the Institute of Culinary Education in 2020.
- Diploma Classic Culinary Arts, International Culinary Center, 2009
- Senior Chef Instructor, International Culinary Center, 2019
- Chef de Cuisine, Saddle River Inn, 2018-2019
- Consulting Chef, The Archer, 2017-2018
- Chef, Ani Ramen House, 2016-2017
- Chef de Cuisine, New Jersey Performing Arts Center, 2015-2016
- Executive Chef, Upstairs Restaurant, 2014-2015
- Sous Chef, Pig & Prince Restaurant and Gastrolounge, 2012-2014
- Sous Chef, Upstairs Restaurant, 2011-2012
- Sous Chef, Restaurant Passionne, 2010-2011
- Line Cook and Garde Manger, Shorty's .32, 2009-2010
In the News
- Delish: Carbon Steel Vs. Cast Iron Pans: The Difference, Explained
- The Kitchn: 6 of the Best Frozen Dinner Shortcuts, According to Chefs
- Martha Stewart: Here's How to Get Picture-Perfect Grill Marks on Your Grilled Meat or Fish
- Saveur: The Best Knife Sharpening Services to Rescue Dull Knives
- Well+Good: 5 Brilliant Chef Tricks to Keep You From Over-Salting (or Under-Salting) Your Food